Brisbane Rehab Pty Ltd may collect personal information at our place of business, via telephone or email to ensure that we provide appropriate care and treatment to our patients. This information is collected in accordance with the Privacy Amendment Act 2000. More information on this act is available from www.privacy.gov.au .
The information is collected so that we can:
- Allow billing and payments
- Allow procedures and hospital bookings to be made
- Provide informed financial consent to each patient
- Provide information / reports to your health care providers when required
- Provide the appropriate health service to each individual
All information collected is stored as per the privacy legislation, to protect the information from any unauthorized access or misuse. Every effort is made to keep records up to date and complete. If at any time your circumstances or details change, please notify our reception staff so that the appropriate changes can be made to your records.
Any requests for medical records from individuals / other health care providers / legal authorities must be made in writing and a fee may be charged for this information. Proof of identity must also be shown prior to releasing this information. Your consent will be obtained before releasing of any information.